+44 (0) 113 4264 444 View All Investments Book a Call

Book a Call

Integrated Form
Back

The Best Buy-to-Let Student Properties in Leeds

Written on .

Posted in Leeds, Where To Invest.

With its ever-expanding student population, low property prices and high yields, Leeds is a great city to invest in student buy-to-let properties. Consistently ranked as one of the best UK cities to be a student, thanks to its four universities, brilliant cultural and leisure opportunities it is. As well as its great transport links and vibrant atmosphere.

High Student Population

Investing in student property has many benefits. The UK’s student population is continuously increasing – Leeds has a 32,000 students currently living in the city – so you are unlikely to have an empty property. There is also the benefit of students requiring a guarantor in order to take out a tenancy. This means paid on time and in full will be rents.

You don’t even have to worry about tenancies ending when studies are complete. With 30% of Leeds graduates opting to stay in the city after graduation and most preferring to stay in their house shares, rental periods can last many years.

North Property Group currently has two great developments available to student property investors in Leeds. Set to be in great demand from the student market are both of these properties. Pearl Chambers and Centenary House both offer competitively-priced apartments that will generate high yields for buy-to-let investors.

Pearl Chambers

Situated on Park Row in Leeds city centre’s enviable LS1 postcode is Pearl Chambers. The exact location of this Grade II-listed building is in high demand from affluent international students who desire the amenities and convenience the area has to offer. This has pushed rental prices and yields up above what could normally be achieved here.

This massive demand isn’t just speculation. We proved it in September 2018 by letting Flat 1 at £1,600pcm. Additionally, Flat 25 at £1,400pcm within 24 hours of each other. Property prices at Pearl Chambers start at just £159,500 and yields of up to 7.44% can be reached.

Construction at Pearl Chambers is already complete so units can be purchased now. Finished to a modern, high-end spec are all apartments. Furthermore, the building offers fantastic communal areas. However, with only 8 units left, interested investors are encouraged to act fast to avoid disappointment.

Centenary House

Another Grade II-listed conversion, Centenary House is located in Leeds thriving Northern Quarter. A very popular area for students, the Northern Quarter offers many fantastic amenities including the vibrant nightlife of Merrion Street, the Victoria Gate shopping centre and Leeds railway station.

Although Centenary House isn’t due to complete until 2020 it has already seen high levels of interest. Property prices start from just £127,000. Expected to reach a massive 7.8% are yields. An unbeatable payment plan is available for this property. With only 15% required on exchange and the remaining 85% on completion.

As with Pearl Chambers, all flats in Centenary House are finished to an ultra-modern spec for the best in city centre living. There are only 80 units available which are expected to sell fast.

For any further information about Pearl Chambers or Centenary House, or investing in buy-to-let student properties in Leeds, contact the rental experts at North Property Group now

Call Us On +44 (0) 1134 264 444 Or Request A Call Back

Integrated Form


North Property Group is a member of the Property Ombudsman.

Prime Location

Copyright © North Property Invest
Powered By Spotlight Studios

Registered in England and Wales, Registered Office: One Brewery Wharf, Waterloo Street, Leeds LS10 1GX, Company Number: 10761978

Contact Us

Integrated Form

Join The Investors Club

Integrated Form

Request a Pricelist

Integrated Form

Calculate my Stamp Duty

Your calculation
Please note: This calculator is provided as a guide to how much stamp duty land tax you will need to pay in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.

Register your Interest

Integrated Form
Top